1950s James Ladies’ Tricycle

 PREV  ITEM 174 / 184  NEXT 



1950s James Ladies’ Tricycle

22″ Frame

26 x 1 3/8″ Wheels


James Cycle Co was founded in weather 1870 or 1880 (according to different sources). But the postwar head-badge they used on their tricycles still proclaimed ‘Famous for over Fifty Years’ suggesting that they had coined this slogan in the early 1930s.

Their main tricycle model was the ‘Superlux’ which had a lady’s loopframe. They also made some larger gent’s tricycles with a crossbar. This example, with twin down tubes, appears to be a unisex model.

It is in good order throughout, though has been in storage for many years so would benefit from a service and new tyres and tubes if it is to be used on the road.